The program specifically places emphasis on the following driving situations:
- Driver Experience – young drivers and driver behavior based on maturity
- Improper Driver Behavior – careless driving habits- speeding, turn signal use
- Safety Restraints – proper seat belt usage
- Impaired Driving – alcohol usage, controlled substance, drowsiness
- Distracted Driving – cell phones, passenger activities
- Motorcycle – awareness, operation
The Save A Life Tour utilizes several methods for educating and demonstrating the effects and consequences that are direct results of poor choices and/or decisions made by operators of a motor vehicle.
These methods are:
- Speaking Presentation – Fact based lecture provided by Save A Life facilitators
- Visual Presentation – Informative visual presentations showing actual footage/pictures of crashes and victim stories.
- Interactive Demonstration – Simulation for the effects of impaired and distracted driving behavior
- Corrective Action – Continuous interaction with Save A Life Tour facilitators throughout presentation and event
- Knowledge Retention –Surveys, Statistical Analysis, Pledge Card, and recognition banner presented to the school to be displayed at event completion.
- Informative Current Statistics – Current ongoing fact based data and information.